concept is proven since the Egyptian civilization. The system was not technical then but manual. Though there are several proofs of this idea, the modern usage according to the recorded history was started in 1795. The roller conveyor suppliers grabbed the market following the vast harvest of the crops and grains. The system brought a kind of a relief to the workload of the agricultural landowners.
Since after its success in the usage to transport the crops in the farmhouses, the coal industries started to use this system from the 19th century. After this time, all kinds of factories and industries started to the used conveyor system and began to employ workers for this system.
It was 1908 when Hymel Goddard from Logan Company made a brand of the roller conveyor. This new trade became popular in the industries within five years of its launching due to its convenient working method.
Henry Ford was the first one, who added the assembly line in the main frame of the system in 1913. This modification made the method a bit technical. It reduced the need for labors in the industries.
Since 1920, the technique started to become smarter along with covering a larger distance. It started to cover the range of 8 kilometers in the coal industries.
The usage of this mechanism takes vast charges under its responsibility from the time of World War II. From this time, the labor employment was considerably reduced than ever before. It increased the profit from the production.
Recent Recorded History
The roller conveyors suppliers started to modify this system into its recent technical form since from the 1970s’. After that along with the time, the technology has been upgraded to add different smart features to this mechanism.
Conveyor pulley manufacturers suggest that many irregularities creep in over the period with conveyor mechanics, changing production rate and harsh environmental conditions effects equally.
Below are the lists of few such experienced problems with our solutions to help resolve them.
• Excessive conveyor belt top cover wears over its surface: This is caused due to material built upon pulley face of the return idler or on the conveyor structure itself. For it install secondary belt cleaning system that checks skirting and improve material containment. Clean the rollers and adequately align idlers this will help the life of pulley
• Excessive pulley cover wears: This problem is caused due to insufficient traction between belt and drive pulley. Always check that drive pulley is free of build-up. Check for the material build-up on the pulley face or also the conveyor structure. Conveyor pulley manufacturers suggest for reducing this you can install vee plow type belt cleaner.
• Excessive edge wear: This is also caused due to material build-up on the pulley surface or conveyor structure. Do an inspection and do control belt alignment. Check skirting and install belt cleaners.
• Belt run off at head pulley: Most often it is the result of the belt not tracking. Improve material contentment, check skirting and installation of the belt cleaners in front pulley can help.
• Belt slips when the conveyor started: Caused due to insufficient traction between belt and drive pulley. For this one should see that drive pulley is free of build-up. La drives pulley and increases the belt tension.
• Vulcanize splice failure: When any materials get trapped between the pulley and the belt. Improve contentment at load point and along the conveyor. One must install the belt cleaner plows in front of the high pulley.
• Longitudinal grooves or crack in the bottom cover: Caused due to material build-up on the pulley face or conveyor structure. Clean the system and improve material containment.
There are certain precautions which should be taken for the long life of the conveyor pulley, or else it depreciates with time, and you might have to change the system. HIC INTERNATIONAL CO INC http://www.universaldelhi.org/ is the largest producer of the conveyor pulley for industrial purpose and also lets us knows the care that should be taken for its long life.