The v belt pulley is useful for creating intense tension on the dragging works to keep up the transportation activities on. But the regular users may have to confront some problems with this new system. There are solution guides also for such problems. The primary manual of the solution demands to have the regular inspection on the activeness of the system.
ü The respective problems
The following problems are the most common ones to bother the users a lot.
- The breaking down of the belt
The breaking down of the belt may happen due to different reasons-
a) If the design of the pulley is not compatible with the belt.
b) If the belt in the v belt pulley gets rolled in the upper end.
c) If the objects starts falling on to the drive defusing the activity that creates unnecessary pressure on weaker side of the system.
Completing the installation procedure once again with a compatible one can solve these problems. That is why; it is highly necessary to find the compatible components to fix on to the pulleys.
- The incapability to carry the loads
Usually, the v belts are used to transport the loads from one side to another. It depends on its capability. But due to some invisible reasons, it may be incapable to carry the respective loads. The usual reason behind this is the wrong installation procedure from the beginning.
Apart from these, the breaking down of the edge cords is also common trouble for the regular users.
Belt conveyor is the standard equipment in any modern industry. This equipment is used to carry the packaged product or the raw material from one place to another in the short distance. The industries purchase this equipment from the belt conveyor supplier. The buyers should have some simple knowledge about the essential elements of the belt conveyor.
The Essential Elements of Belt Conveyor
This equipment is a simple transport machine that works in the loop for short distance. The essential elements in it are-
It is designed with two pulleys from both sides. The rotation area of the belt is fixed between the two belts and moves in a specific path.
2. Electric Motor
It is the forcing part that drives the belt in its specific loop to transport the objects. The capacity of the motor ensures the speed level of the device. The speed is customizable in some products.
3. The Carrying Part
The carrying part is the most critical part of the device. Though this section the materials are moved. This part is made of different materials, and they ensure the types of the belts. Few are made with a polymer; rubber etc. and few are made with rollers. The rollers also have different materials though usually aluminum and steel rollers are the more popular.
The two endpoints of the belts are called carrying side and the return side. These two parts need the supports of two idlers.
The renowned belt conveyor supplier takes the responsibility to take charge of testing the quality of the elements to ensure the customers.
Conveyor pulley manufacturers suggest that many irregularities creep in over the period with conveyor mechanics, changing production rate and harsh environmental conditions effects equally.
Below are the lists of few such experienced problems with our solutions to help resolve them.
• Excessive conveyor belt top cover wears over its surface: This is caused due to material built upon pulley face of the return idler or on the conveyor structure itself. For it install secondary belt cleaning system that checks skirting and improve material containment. Clean the rollers and adequately align idlers this will help the life of pulley
• Excessive pulley cover wears: This problem is caused due to insufficient traction between belt and drive pulley. Always check that drive pulley is free of build-up. Check for the material build-up on the pulley face or also the conveyor structure. Conveyor pulley manufacturers suggest for reducing this you can install vee plow type belt cleaner.
• Excessive edge wear: This is also caused due to material build-up on the pulley surface or conveyor structure. Do an inspection and do control belt alignment. Check skirting and install belt cleaners.
• Belt run off at head pulley: Most often it is the result of the belt not tracking. Improve material contentment, check skirting and installation of the belt cleaners in front pulley can help.
• Belt slips when the conveyor started: Caused due to insufficient traction between belt and drive pulley. For this one should see that drive pulley is free of build-up. La drives pulley and increases the belt tension.
• Vulcanize splice failure: When any materials get trapped between the pulley and the belt. Improve contentment at load point and along the conveyor. One must install the belt cleaner plows in front of the high pulley.
• Longitudinal grooves or crack in the bottom cover: Caused due to material build-up on the pulley face or conveyor structure. Clean the system and improve material containment.
There are certain precautions which should be taken for the long life of the conveyor pulley, or else it depreciates with time, and you might have to change the system. HIC INTERNATIONAL CO INC http://www.universaldelhi.org/ is the largest producer of the conveyor pulley for industrial purpose and also lets us knows the care that should be taken for its long life.