Durometer is the hardness measurement unit of an object. This measurement is necessary to learn about the work capability and utility of a product concerning its price. This measure takes a pivotal role while dealing with the conveyor belts.
Usually, the conveyor belt exporters use a device called durometer on their exported products to establish their usefulness.
This device has some particular procedure to execute the test. Some things should be noticed while performing the tests.
How is the Durometer used?
The measurement with this device and unit includes many aspects of the product. As it is the quality testing procedure, it is done professionally and precisely.
The size and length ensure the workload endurance capability of the product. Therefore, it is an aspect of the calculation. But at the same time, it is also true that the quality of the object does not depend on its size or length.
The material used in the belt too ensures its quality. The hardness of the materials (polymer, rubber) is tested. The conveyor belt exporters usually do the tests in horizontal level from the sides of the belt.
Along with these, the preciseness of the assessment in the sizes and flexibility should be noted. Primarily, the flexibility of the rollers in the endpoints of the belt tends to ensure its work capability.
The products tested by the device are considered as the certified products and eligible to be sold under the brand name of a company.
Belt conveyor is the standard equipment in any modern industry. This equipment is used to carry the packaged product or the raw material from one place to another in the short distance. The industries purchase this equipment from the belt conveyor supplier. The buyers should have some simple knowledge about the essential elements of the belt conveyor.
The Essential Elements of Belt Conveyor
This equipment is a simple transport machine that works in the loop for short distance. The essential elements in it are-
It is designed with two pulleys from both sides. The rotation area of the belt is fixed between the two belts and moves in a specific path.
2. Electric Motor
It is the forcing part that drives the belt in its specific loop to transport the objects. The capacity of the motor ensures the speed level of the device. The speed is customizable in some products.
3. The Carrying Part
The carrying part is the most critical part of the device. Though this section the materials are moved. This part is made of different materials, and they ensure the types of the belts. Few are made with a polymer; rubber etc. and few are made with rollers. The rollers also have different materials though usually aluminum and steel rollers are the more popular.
The two endpoints of the belts are called carrying side and the return side. These two parts need the supports of two idlers.
The renowned belt conveyor supplier takes the responsibility to take charge of testing the quality of the elements to ensure the customers.
Rubber sheets are useful material for both the industrial and domestic purposes. They can be used on a baby cot as well as in the chemical research centers. Rubber mats are necessary equipment for various purposes in the production industry and medical purposes. Considering the different purposes-solving capabilities, this type of product is available in different forms. In that six types are-
1. Natural Rubber Piece
This type of material is made from the natural rubber tree. It is the most eco-friendly one than any other kind. The rubber mats made from the materials are used dynamically on various occasions.
2. Silicone covers
It is made of temperature resistant material. That is why it can be used in the research centers and chemical industries, where works on high temperature are done.
3. EPDM Covers
This type of piece is endowed with weather resistant capacity. It is mainly used for the roofing purpose. At the same time, these kinds of rubber sheets are appropriate to use in the outdoor areas also.
4. Neoprene Type
Each type of rubber made equipment is made for some particular purpose. In this way, the neoprene type is made of a fire-resistant material. Therefore, it can be used in the wielding industries, cooking panels and any fire evoking works.
5. Viton Type
It is the synthetic type of material, and it is made artificially. It can resist the high exposure things like acids, any other chemicals, petroleum and chemical oil. Resistance capacity of the material is 400F- 2000F temperature.
6. Nitrile Cover
This type of rubber made cover is highly appropriate for the cooking industry. It can absorb necessary oil form the food but does not cause any chemical reaction with them. Apart from cooking industries, this material is used for the oil hoses and petrol pumps as well.
Thus, different types of rubber made materials are providing its service to all kind of industries and domestic households.
Conveyor pulley manufacturers suggest that many irregularities creep in over the period with conveyor mechanics, changing production rate and harsh environmental conditions effects equally.
Below are the lists of few such experienced problems with our solutions to help resolve them.
• Excessive conveyor belt top cover wears over its surface: This is caused due to material built upon pulley face of the return idler or on the conveyor structure itself. For it install secondary belt cleaning system that checks skirting and improve material containment. Clean the rollers and adequately align idlers this will help the life of pulley
• Excessive pulley cover wears: This problem is caused due to insufficient traction between belt and drive pulley. Always check that drive pulley is free of build-up. Check for the material build-up on the pulley face or also the conveyor structure. Conveyor pulley manufacturers suggest for reducing this you can install vee plow type belt cleaner.
• Excessive edge wear: This is also caused due to material build-up on the pulley surface or conveyor structure. Do an inspection and do control belt alignment. Check skirting and install belt cleaners.
• Belt run off at head pulley: Most often it is the result of the belt not tracking. Improve material contentment, check skirting and installation of the belt cleaners in front pulley can help.
• Belt slips when the conveyor started: Caused due to insufficient traction between belt and drive pulley. For this one should see that drive pulley is free of build-up. La drives pulley and increases the belt tension.
• Vulcanize splice failure: When any materials get trapped between the pulley and the belt. Improve contentment at load point and along the conveyor. One must install the belt cleaner plows in front of the high pulley.
• Longitudinal grooves or crack in the bottom cover: Caused due to material build-up on the pulley face or conveyor structure. Clean the system and improve material containment.
There are certain precautions which should be taken for the long life of the conveyor pulley, or else it depreciates with time, and you might have to change the system. HIC INTERNATIONAL CO INC http://www.universaldelhi.org/ is the largest producer of the conveyor pulley for industrial purpose and also lets us knows the care that should be taken for its long life.